Saturday, April 30, 2016

Voris' Public Confession Drives Web Traffic

From time to time, I will take a quick look at the stats on this blog as shown Google Analytics. This morning, I wanted to see the traffic information for the month of April.

This month, the blog has had visitors from 49 different countries. The photo to the left shows the top 20 visiting countries. To me, the biggest surprise on that list is Russia placing 2nd, beating out Philippines.




Looking at a breakdown of each day of the month, one can see that the heaviest traffic for April comes in on April 22nd. The leading post being Michael Voris Makes Public Confession. Of course, one would expect there to be considerable interest in Michael Voris, but I never would have imagined that my post would come in number 3 on a Google search for the story. Also surprising is the discovery that the same search term looking for images on Google puts the jpg from my post as number 1 and  number 4.


In my post, I tried to be supportive of Voris. Doing a brief web search, I've found most folks are also giving Voris the benefit of the doubt. He made mistakes - he committed sins, but he has repented and confessed his sins in a manner consistant with Catholic teaching.

As we say in the prayer given to us by our Lord, Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespas against us.

No comments: