Sunday, November 9, 2008

Melissa Etheridge says..."No more Taxes."

OK, Let me see if I have this straight.
According to the Obama Doctrine, the evil rich, the ones who make more than $250,000 $200,000 $150,000 $100,000 a year must pay their fair share in taxes and will, therefore, see an increase in the upcoming year.
It's for the good of the country......a patriotic duty. All for the common good.
Now, "Grammy-winning musician, gay-rights activist and committed environmentalist", Melissa Etheridge says she will no longer pay California state taxes. Ms. Etheridge is angry with California voters for their passing Proposition 8 and legally banning same sex marriage in the state.
She said,
"Oh and too bad California, I know you were looking forward to the revenue from all of those extra marriages. I guess you will have to find some other way to get out of the budget trouble you are in."
Wait, Melissa....paying taxes is a good thing, right?
Are you going to deprive the poor, the homeless, the downtrodden their share, all because of a vote you disagree with?
"Okay, so I am taking that to mean I do not have to pay my state taxes because I am not a full citizen."
Sorry, contrary to what you may think, non citizens must pay taxes too.
"I mean that would just be wrong, to make someone pay taxes and not give them the same rights, sounds sort of like that taxation without representation thing from the history books."
" taxation without representation"? You have the right to vote....you have representation.
"Oh, and I am sure Ellen will be a little excited to keep her bazillion bucks that she pays in taxes too."
Sounds like a conspiracy.......let's see if Ellen Degeneres stops paying taxes.
"When did it become okay to legislate morality? "
All laws are based on morality. Morality is more than sex. It is immoral to steal, kill or bear false witness. We have always legislated morality.
"Come to think of it, I should get a federal tax break too..."
Tell that to the IRS and see how far you get.

4 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

A Liberal conscientious objector? Isn't that sorta an oxymoron? I didn't think Libs had consciences!

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Now that I think about it MOST celebrities make more than $ 100 000 a year, one would think logically they should have voted for the guy who wasn't going to increase their taxes, lol.

But if Melissa doesn't pay taxes, no worries, citizens arrest ;), lol

Robert Simms said...

Hi Joe,
You mean citizen's arrest ?

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

LOL!, only i'll have some actual artillery in my hands ;)