Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Trump, Palin and Cruz



I learned two amazing facts today:

1) Bristol Palin has a blog at patheos.com
2) Bristol Palin did not go to Harvard Law School.

OK, I'm not really amazed that BP did not go to Harvard Law School, but I do find it amazing that she felt it was necessary to tell us......like we might be confused about that otherwise.

I discovered this information via an article at thehill.com, Bristol Palin: I hope my mom endorses Trump.

Ms Palin has her proverbial knickers in a twist - I say "proverbial" as I have no evidence that she actually wears knickers (for any length of time, at any rate) - over a statement from someone in Ted Cruz' camp that it would be a blow to Sarah Palin's credibility should Palin endorse Donal Trump.

Of course, some of you might be surprised that Sarah Palin has any credibility, but that's not the issue.

Cruz campaign spokesman Rick Tyler had said on CNN

"I think it [would] be a blow to Sarah Palin, because Sarah Palin has been a champion for the conservative cause, and if she was going to endorse Donald Trump, sadly, she would be endorsing someone who’s held progressive views all their life on the sanctity of life, on marriage, on partial-birth abortion"

At this point, I'm not supporting either Trump or Cruz - I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do agree with Tyler's point that Trump has not been consistently Conservative on the issues. Trump is not an idealogue by any stretch of the imagination.

In her blog, Bristol Palin calls Tyler's comment "a slam" against her mother. News flash - criticism isn't always "a slam".

If one wants to see a real example of a slam, read Bristol Palin's blog post where she slams Ted Cruz.

No comments: