Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 1: Bridge Update


When I wrote two days ago that the end was in sight for the bridge replacement project, the end appears to be even closer than I had suspected.

As can be seen in these photos, work was done on the bridge on both Monday and Tuesday. I wrote that there would need to be a rail on the side of the bridge where the water pipe was laid. The first photo shows that the rail has arrived at the work site.

I also wrote that the bridge needed to be connected to the street. When I wrote that, I believed it would require something or other made of concrete. I was wrong. The cavity between the bridge and the road is being filled in with stones and dirt. This is certainly cheaper than cement, and should there be a problem with the water pipe in the future, it would be easier digging through dirt rather than concrete. There's no shortage of labor, so filling in the space will be relatively easy. It's just a matter of tamping down the soil so that it is compact enough for vehicles to drive across.

I'm confident that the work will be completed before the June 13 festival in Sibulan for St. Anthony of Padua.


No comments: