Saturday, September 17, 2016

Double O Seven to the Rescue


Thursday afternoon, my wife and I left home on a trip to Cebu. We had an appointment with Philippine Immigration Friday morning and the only way we could make the appointment on time was to stay over night in Cebu city and take a taxi Friday morning to the Immigration office from the hotel.

It was just before 2:00 PM when we stepped out onto the road in front of our apartment in the hope of getting a pedicab to the Sibulan pier. It was hot. Very hot, and pedicabs weren't out and about in our area at that time of day. Afew would pass by going in the opposite direction.

Just when I thought that we'd never get a pedicab going our way, who should come to the rescue but double o seven.

I've seen this pedicab around Sibulan quite a lot. I don't know if I've actually seen this one more than any other, but the number sticks in my head - I pay more attention to it. I even made a wee little joke about it in a blog post from this past June ,when I took the photo below.



The odd thing I learned is that the driver knows my wife's Papa (and my wife as well).

Thanks to 007, we managed to get to the pier in time for the 2:00 o'clock fast craft to Santander. 007 may not have been driving his Aston Martin, but it was good enough for us.

No comments: