Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Google Map Edits


A little over a month ago, I was lamenting on this blog how haphard the Google Maps' system for reviewing and the publishing of edits onto their website. At that time, I could not understand why some edits were immediately published and why some edits went into the never-never land known as "in review".

At one time, it appeared that about half of my edits would be published as soon as I edited the location. Now, I suppose Google Maps has more confidence in my additions. As I write this, 100 of my location additons have been published with another 30 edits being published as well. That's much better. I haven't gotten to the point were 100% 0f my edits are published immediately, but now it is much, much better than 50% (probably between 75% and 80%).

No comments: