Sunday, October 30, 2016

Alfred Electronics Shop Redux.


Back in September, I wrote a piece on Alfred Electronic Shop, an electrical fix-it-shop located near our apartment in Sibulan. As I mentioned in that post, I've been to the shop on a number of occasions to have repair work done.

The owner always did very good work for me, and in appreciation, I added Alfred Electronic Shop to Google Maps. Sadly, I returned two days ago for a repair job and found his place of business closed. After a bit of investigation, I learned that the owner, his wife and children left Sibulan for his family home, somewhere in Mindanao.

Life can be very difficult here; I hope he and his family do better with their new endeavors. He seemed to be a nice guy and I wish him the best of luck.

Note: After writing this post, I went to Google Maps to mark the shop as permanently closed - the saddest edits I've ever made to the Google Maps website.

No comments: