Saturday, October 1, 2016

Quick, Change the Channel


One of the most popular and long lasting day time television programs in Philippines is Eat Bulaga!. It's been on the air for more than 30 years, and can be seen, around lunch time, six days a week.

The program is basically a variety show with comedy, dancing and music. My wife and our domestic helper love the program and they're tuned in whenever it's on the air.

I have been, for the most part, neutral concerning the show. Because of the language differences, I don't understand most of the comedy. The music isn't quite the sort I'd normally listen to, but it isn't absolutely horrible.

I've never felt the desire, before today, to comment on the program. There's been a "meme" of sorts on the show recently, which I can't leave alone. I don't know when it started, but I've noticed recently that the program is featuring, on a regular basis, men wearing high heel shoes while dancing and performing musical numbers.

I don't like this one bit.

No comments: