Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Oct 12th Update on Uploaded Photos


Seven weeks ago, I received my first email from Google Maps letting me know that photos I had uploaded to the Google Maps website had received more than 5,000 views. The photos in question were ones I had taken of the St Anthony of Padua parish church in Sibulan, Negros Oriental. At the time of that first email, the photos had been online for more than a year. Looking back, that's quite a long time to reach that 5,000 view milestone, but considering that we're talking about a church in Sibulan, I thought 5,000 views impressive.

That email opened up a new hobby for me. I began posting photos for Google Maps in a serious way. In those seven weeks, I've uploaded more than a thousand photos. In the latest email update from Google Maps, I'm told my photos have been viewed over 150,000 times. When the email was written, it showed that the photos had been viewed just over 175,000 times. In the short time between the creation of that email update and my receiving the email, the view total had reached almost 180,000.

As I've mentioned more than once, my rather modest photo of Manhattan Suites Inn in Dumaguete has overtaken the lead in number of views. With more than 7,500 views, none of my other photos are even close.

My most popular photo of the Catholic Church in Sibulan has long ago lost its first place status. As I write this, seven other photos have surpassed it in views.

After I take my son to school this morning, I'll be going downtown to take additional photos for Google Maps. The 1000 plus photos that I've already uploaded cover 504 different locations. While Dumaguete isn't a particularly large city, I still have lots of locations to capture.




No comments: