Friday, March 10, 2017

I've Been Dying to Post This


The tropical, Philippine sun can be brutal at times. The top photo is of a pair of cargo shorts - originally brown - that have faded into assorted shades of tan after being frequently washed and hung out to dry in the sun.

I have been meaning to dye the shorts back to their original color, but I've had difficulties finding dye. The material was perfectly fine - only faded - and I was unwilling to throw the shorts in the trash. I was finally able to locate a brand of dye -Venus Dye - in small sachets at Cang's. Surprisingly, the dye was located in the school supply area of the store. Only two colors are available at Cang's. Fortunately for me, one of those two colors is brown - the other being yellow.

The sachets cost 3 pesos each. That 6 cents in U.S. spondulicks. I purchased three sachets to see if I could dye the shorts back to a reasonable shade of solid brown. I had two pair of faded brown cargo shorts and used only one sachet per pair of shorts. The after photo below shows a vast improvement, though I admit 2 sachets per shorts might have been better.

I've other shorts that have under gone a similar fade. I'll be on the look out for other colors of dyes at different locations.

No comments: