Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Today's Brown Out


I awoke some time around 3 o'clock this morning and was unable to get back to sleep. I noticed right away that the floor fan was not running and knew that there must be a brown out. As bad as it is waking too early and unable to sleep, it's even worse when there's no electricity. It's not much fun sitting in the dark with no TV or Internet available.

It had rained very hard during the night and I assumed that the power outage was due to a fallen line. I didn't think the power company would schedule a maintenance shut down at 3 AM. I expected the electricity to be back on within a few hours.

The power had still not returned when I left to fetch my son from school at lunch time. The photos show the electrical workers trimming trees and putting up a new pole not far from our apartment. When I arrived back home with my son, the power was still off, but the workers had moved on.

After lunch, we all drove into Dumaguete to shop. We returned home at nearly 4:30 and the power was back on ten minutes after we arrived. If the electric company is putting in new poles, I suspect we may have another brown out tomorrow.


No comments: