Wednesday, March 2, 2016

If Trump or Hillary Gets Elected, I'll............

During every Presidential election cycle, some famous somebody or other claims that if such and such is elected, they'll leave the country. In 2008, someone by the name of Akon claimed he would leave the U.S. and return to Senegal if John McCain was elected over Barack Obama. Susan Sarandon was also ready to leave had McCain won.

In 2000, Barbara Streisand, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin were going to abandon the U.S. of A if George Bush won the election. They stayed.

Now, Rosie O’Donnell says she won't stay around under a President Trump. Al Sharpton feels the same way, as does Whoopi Goldberg.

Some of the less than famous are planning to leave for Canada should (pick one) Hillary or Trump gets elected.



I know how they feel. I wouldn't want to live in a country run by either of these morons. Thing is, I left the U.S. almost two years ago. My threat to leave should Trump or Clinton win would be meaningless. Not as meaningless as these other folks with their claims, but pointless never the less. No politician is begging me to return.

No comments: