Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sounds Like "Oranges"

Back on Feb 11, I wrote in a post that I could see the very real possibility that the two candidates emerging out of the primary debacle this year would be Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. After the results of the so called Super Tuesday primaries, I believe I may have spoken too soon regarding Mr. Sanders. I no longer think he has much of a chance of defeating Hillary Clinton - assuming, of course that she does not get indicted prior to the Democrat convention.

Unfortunately, it appears that Trump is still on a direct path to victory in the Republican contest.

My track record for predicting winners in the U.S. Presidential races has not been spectacular. Even though my record is abysmal, I'm going to go out on a limb and make my prediction for the Nov. 8th election. Contrary to what the current polls would indicate, I believe Donald Trump will be the next POTUS.

I know, some are shaking their heads in disbelief. How can Trump win, they say? Look at his negatives. The people that say that are ignoring the negatives surrounding Hillary Clinton.

As early as last September, I have pointed out that Trump and Barack Obama are two sides of the same coin. Like Obama in 2008, Trump is offering Americans empty promises with words and sound bites the people long to hear. In 2008, it was "Hope and Change", today it's "Make America Great Again".

There's talk about American exceptionalism. There really isn't anything exceptional about Americans. Just as the Italians were taken in by Mussolini and his flamboyant personality, they were taken in by Barack Obama in 2008 and it appears they will surrender once again to a cult of personality.

No comments: