Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More on the Savannah Trip.

I'm quickly using up my vacation days for this year; we've had a number of extra days off and I used up a few by getting vacation pay for those days.
We received a stimulus check from the Feds but it was going fast as well.
So, we decided to use the Memorial Day weekend to take a vacation while we still have a few extra dollars.
We arranged to meet some friends (who live in Greenville, SC.) in Savannah, GA. I found a motel that still had rooms available (at a reasonable rate) though we had to get rooms about 20 miles from the beach.
Unfortunately, I made the mistake of using Mapquest for directions to the motel. Steps 9 to 12 were wrong:
9: Merge onto GA-21 S via EXIT 164A.
10: Turn RIGHT onto GA-204 W/ABERCORN ST
11: Turn LEFT onto MALL BLVD.
12: End at 114 Mall Blvd Savannah, GA 31406-4728

Step 9 took us WAY off course.

We did manage to find our way to the motel, and the trip was, otherwise, enjoyable. I'll be writing more about the trip in a few days after my photos return from the lab (my wife uses a digital camera, but I prefer the old SLR).

No comments: