Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More on Google Earth.

The Google Earth program can be fun....but it has it's limits.

I like seeing over head shots of the city where I live.The photo above shows where the Oostanaula River and the Etowah River come together in Rome, Ga. to form the Coosa River.

In select cities, you can zoom in and get 3D images of buildings like the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Atlanta, seen below.(This is the church where my family went to Mass when I was growing up and it has a sentimental value to me.)


The photo below is of Dumaguete, Philippines.....my home away from home.


Google Earth is interesting, but honestly, I doubt I will get a lot of use from it.There's just so many over head geographic shots I want to see.
Oh, yeah.....the flight simulator might be more fun if I didn't crash every time.

No comments: