Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Follow, As I Wanda Tuinphro.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to another installment of My Brouhaha With BrooWaha. In yesterday's post [Update on Last Friday's Post] I related how Wanda had submitted a second article to this, so-called, citizen newspaper - BrooWaha.com. This article, Website: Catholic Bashing, OK. Muslims, Not So Much, exposes the hypocrisy of the editors of BrooWaha who, out of political correctness, would not publish an article critical of Islam, but did not hesitate to publish an article that bashes the Catholic Church.

When I submitted the article, I did not expect it to be published; that was not, after all, the purpose of sending the piece to the editors. Needless to say, I was a little surprised when the article was actually published. You can find it here.

Almost immediately after the article was put online, a comment was left. This comment came so quickly that I suspect it was written by one of the editors of BrooWaha. Of the article on Islam, (which the editors had refused to publish) [Is Islam a Religion of Peace?] he said,
"If an article wasn't written with hatred it would be published whatever religion was involved."
Of course, we know now this statement is false. The article submitted by Wanda [Will the Pope Apologize for Rizal?] was filled with as much hatred for the Catholic Church as one could imagine, yet it was published by BrooWaha without a second thought.

There are differences, of course, in the two articles. In the piece on Islam, every accusation made was supported by a link to evidence backing up that accusation. When I wrote of Jehovah's Witnesses missionaries being beheaded by Muslims in the Philippines in 2002, I provided a link to Council on Foreign Relations report which notes the incident (along with several more Abu Sayyaf terrorist attacks).
When I mentioned, "In an example of Muslim religious tolerance, during this past Ramadan, a group of Sunni Muslims killed at least 59 '.....Shiite apostates who sold their faith for money to be a tool used in a war against Iraqi Sunnis ' " I backed up my statement with a link to the story published in the Manila Bulletin.

Likewise, all the references to Muslim violence, from the murder of Theo van Gogh to Aisha Bibi's mutilation, were supported by evidence.

That certainly wasn't the situation with the article on the Catholic Church. Not one shred of evidence or link was put forth by the writer.

The editors of BrooWaha had no qualms about publishing a hate piece against the Catholic Church.....even when it was obvious to anyone with an ounce of awareness that the writer was phony; only a dunderhead would believe that "Wanda Tuinphro" was a real name.

As pointed out by blogger Al of Is Anybody There?, the comments that followed avoided the issues brought up by Wanda's last article and focused, instead on personal attacks on yours truly. Those commenting had previously fallen for Wanda's hoax and were none too happy.

Now, my work concerning BrooWaha has come to an end .........unless I decide to create another persona. Of course, I wouldn't do that; would I?

1 comment:

Al said...

Rhetorical question: "Of course, I wouldn't do that; would I?"

Tongue in cheek answer. "NAH!!!!!!!!!!!"

Of course I am sure that should the need arise the mild mannered Robert will pop into the nearest phone booth (do they still exist?)& we will soon be hearing, "It's a bird, it's a plane it's . . . ." followed by " Not plane, nor bird, nor even frog,
It's just little old me, . . ."