Thursday, June 1, 2017

A Bridge Crossing The Banica River


For several months, the bridge that crosses the Banica river on Pedices avenue has been undergoing an upgrade - an improvement project which has necessitated one lane being closed. That hasn't helped the flow of traffic in Dumaguete. I can't recall when the work on the bridge first began, but I did make some mention of the bridge in a post from March and another in April.

I try not to visit that side of the city unless I absolutely have to, so I'm not exactly certain when the work on the bridge was completed. I found myself having to cross the bridge this afternoon and was surprised to see both lanes open and traffic going in two directions. I was so surprised that I took the first right turn past the bridge in order to make my way down by the Chinese Bell Church and cross the bridge again - getting photos this time.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that this relieves a bit of the traffic congestion.


No comments: