Sunday, June 25, 2017

An Update on My Google Maps Photos


It was in May that I noted that my photos uploaded to Google Maps had received 1.5 million views. I also noted at the time that it was one of my photos of Saint Joseph Parish on Pope John Paul II Ave. in Cebu that had received the most views of any of my photos. That's still the case today, with that photo having received more than 48,000 views.

While checking the photo stats this morning, I saw that my photo of Our Mother of Perpetual Help Redemptorist Church in Dumaguete had moved to 2nd place overtaking my photo of the Manhattan Suites Inn in Dumaguete. I like that because this is the church where we attend Mass.

The photo that continues to surprise me is my photo of the Star Oil gas station located between the Dumaguete airport and the Mitsubishi dealership on the National Highway. In May, I was shocked to see that photo as the 6th most viewed of all my photos. Today, it has taken over 4th place with more than 25,000 views. It's a great puzzle to me why, out of the 1,400 photos I've uploaded to Google Maps, a photo of a gas station should receive so many views.

No comments: