Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hardcore History and World War I



In a post from his blog, 2016.villageidiotsavant.com, my friend Dom Cimafranca wrote of his listening to podcasts from Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History website - particularly the episode, Prophets of Doom which chronicles the Münster Rebellion of 1534-1535.

I found this podcast so entertaining that, after listening to the entire 4 hour program (in several sittings) I went back to the website and downloaded Carlin's six part series on World War I, Blueprint for Armageddon. I am only two hours into this more than twenty hours long series.

People have a tendency to imagine that the history of the world really begins at their birth. Most people are unaware of how current world events are the result of chain reaction started with the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. Learning about the Great War can help us better understand the political situation today.

No comments: