Friday, May 5, 2017

Confusion Over World Naked Gardening Day 2017?


Although the wikipedia article covering the subject maintains that World Naked Gardening Day (WNGD) is an annual event dating back to 2005, I had never heard of WNGD until I came upon a link to a news story about it on Facebook.

As can be seen by the photo, the link informs us that this year World Naked Gardening Day lands on May 7th this year. However, clicking on the link, we see that the story gives the date as May 6th.

From what I gather, WNGD is suppose to be the first Saturday in May, so that would put it on May 6th this year (2017).

Also, according to wikipedia, the first annual World Naked Gardening Day event took place on September 10, 2005. It was in 2007 that the date was changed to the first Saturday in May. Perhaps that might explain some of the confusion about this year's event.

Nah.......probably not. I don't think anyone I know is planning to participate. Trust me, that's just as well.

No comments: