Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Getting the Planting Area Ready - Day Two


For the 2nd morning in a row, I drove out to the property in Magatas shortly after breakfast to work on getting a spot ready for transplanting my yellow squash seedlings, and like yesterday, I knew before starting the work that I wouldn't finish in one day. The Philippine sun is brutal at even 9:00 AM.

I'll return tomorrow morning to start preparing mounds for the seedlings. I suspect I will take the seedlings to the property late tomorrow afternoon after the sun no longer falls onto the planting location. I've done a bit of weeding on the plot and can continue to weed after the seedlings are transplanted into the mounds without disturbing the plants.

With a bit of luck, we'll have yellow squash by the middle of July.

No comments: