Saturday, May 13, 2017

Our Lady of Fatima Shrine in Siaton - Part Two

As I mentioned in a post earlier today, this is the 100th anniversary of the first apparition of the Virgin Mary at Fatima Portugal to LĂșcia Santos and her cousins Jacinta and Francisco Marto. Not long after publishing the earlier post, my wife, my son and I - along with my wife's mother and our domestic helper - drove to the Our Lady of Fatima shrine in Siaton, Negros Oriental.

There had been a procession and Mass early this morning before we arrived. After walking about, taking photos, we sat inside the shrine and began a rosary. We hadn't finished the 2nd Joyful mystery when a public Rosary began. Unfortunately for me, it was not in English.

When the Rosary was finished, we climbed the stairs going up the hill to the large statue of the Blessed Mother overlooking the shrine. (I had walked to the statue when we first arrived, but decided to do it again with everyone else).

While at the shrine, I used my I-phone to get the coordinates in order the add the location on to Google Maps.

I'm thinking of returning to the shrine on the 13th day of each month until October for the 100th anniversary of the final apparition.










No comments: