Thursday, November 17, 2016

All the Way From America

The husband of one of our neighbors has just returned from Texas, where he works, and, as promised, he has brought a package of yellow squash seeds for me.

I'm hoping that I'll have better luck with these than I've had with other seeds from the U.S.. I believe my mistake with the butternut squash was that they were planted in a spot that received the full brunt of the Philippine sun.

Unlike my tomato seeds, I was able to germinate the butternut squash seeds, but the plants could survive the intense sunlight. If these yellow squash seeds germinate, I'll plant the seedlings in a spot that has a shade covering.

I know, I shouldn't count my squash until the plants bear fruit, but I'm really looking forward to making a squash casserole.

No comments: