Saturday, May 14, 2016

Third Pleasant Surprise of the Morning.



Today appears to be my day for pleasant surprises.

Earlier this morning, I published a post on two surprises I received while taking my daily walk to the market with my son.

The third pleasant surprise of the morning involves the butternut squash seeds I began germinating. In Wednesday's post, I mentioned how I was trying replace the butternut squash plants that were....uh.... squashed.... by workers delivering concrete blocks to the property in Magatas. According to the seed packet, the seeds will germinate in 8 to 10 days. Now I find that some have sprouted after only 3 or 4 days.

The almost immediate success of this garden project has encouraged me to try and germinate zucchini seeds. I have two varieties of zucchini - one simply called "dark green zucchini" and a heirloom variety called "Black Beauty". (the link leads to a description of heirloom seeds on Burpee.com - although my seeds are from a different seed company).

Of course, I'll document my progress with the zucchini.

No comments: