Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Clinton or Trump: A Fecal Sandwich

Somewhere in a difficult to access region of my mind, there is a vague recollection that I may have, at one time agreed with something Kathleen Parker wrote. I feel as if there must have been one occasion, but I can't remember when or what the subject might have been.

There's no question now that I find little to agree with in her piece, A nose-holding word to the disaffected: Vote.

When it comes to the three remaining Presidential candidates, I am one of those Americans that Parker refers to as "stranded in a political no-man’s land".

I do agree that this year's election for POTUS is the ultimate "nose-holding while voting" situation. However, unlike Parker, I will no longer engage in that exercise in futility. She admits that no sane person could support either Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump, and she knows that Hillary Clinton is an unprincipled, corrupt liar, yet she maintains that Clinton is the "one candidate for whom this middle bloc of voters could reasonably stomach voting."

Sorry, Ms Parker, but no.

In 2008, my top choice for POTUS was the Libertarian candidate, Bob Barr, but when Barack Obama became the Democrat candidate I wrongly believed that I should not "throw my vote away", and I made the horrible mistake of voting for John McCain and Sarah Palin. I will never vote that way again.

I will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils. I will no longer vote for one candidate because I hate him or her slightly less than the opponent.

Many Trump supporters maintain that a no-show is a vote for Hillary. The Clinton campaign will say a no-show is a vote for Trump. It can't be both ways. I cannot support either Clinton or Trump......the U.S. will continue it's dumpster-dive whoever wins. Neither candidate will receive my vote.

No comments: