Sunday, May 22, 2016

Finally, Rain.



At around 1:00 AM, I was awoken by the sound of rain. Glorious, wonderful, sweet rain.

My wife, who was also awake, remarked that it sounded like a very heavy rain. From the sound, the storm wasn't typhoon strength, but it sounded a little scary, none the less. I got out of bed, went into the living room and opened the front door to have a look.

The rain was steady, but relatively light or moderate; not nearly as heavy as it sounded from our bedroom. Perhaps, with the metal roof, the sound was the audio equivalent of an optical illusion. We need rain; we haven't had a good, steady rain in a very long time. I'm thankful for the rain, but I'm also thankful that it wasn't as heavy as it sounded.

If the forecast, as shown it the screen shot above can be believed, we can expect increased rainfall over the next 10 days. Let's hope so.

No comments: