Monday, May 30, 2016

May 30 Bridge Update



The end is in sight for the bridge replacement project. My last update was last Saturday morning at 7:35. Further work was done that afternoon.

The concrete/stone wall for the water pipe was finished and a rail was put up on the opposite side of the bridge.

I was told that the bridge must be finished before June 13th. That will be the festival for Sibulan's patron saint, St. Anthony of Padua. The festival is a very important event in the town and not having the bridge ready before the festival will be it extremely difficult for folks to travel into Sibulan. Not having the bridge work completed by that time will be a severe economic hardship on the town and the people living here.

As far as I can see, there needs to be a rail put up on the side where the water pipe was laid, and the bridge needs to be connected to the street. I'm not sure exactly how they plan to do that, but whatever concrete that's poured there will, of course, need to cure before vehicles can safely drive across. June 13 is just two weeks away.

Surely, the work can be finished in that amount of time. I'll keep my fingers crossed.


No comments: