Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Most Insane Comment Ever Made On The Internet

While reading an opinion piece at medium.com recently - Why I’m Not Voting for Jill Stein — No, this isn’t About Clinton or Trump - I came upon what could be the most insane comment ever made on the Internet.

The writer of the piece, Mark Haim is described as "an activist working for peace, social justice, sustainability and climate sanity" and although he is a former Bernie Sanders supporter who finds Jill Stein (the Green Party of the United States candidate) the candidate with "more integrity than any of the other presidential candidates who’ll be on the ballot in November", he is not the individual making that most insane comment. That dubious honor belongs to a woman leaving a comment following Haim's piece.

As a matter of fact, in spite of his being an avowed Progressive with "bona fides in terms of Green Party activism" most of Haim's opinion piece is surprisingly reasonable. His basic premise is that, because of the inherent flaws in the U.S. electoral system brought about by Democrat and Republican shenanigans, no third party candidate can ever win the U.S. Presidential election.

Although he is writing mostly about the Green Party (GPUS) his points are equally valid for the Libertarian Party.

He writes, "The success of the Greens, the Libertarians or any other 'third party' tends to be self-limiting as the more successful such a party is, the less likely those who voted for their candidate will be pleased with the outcome."

He goes on to write, "The Green Party needs to build itself from the grassroots base up, not from the top down. One of the Ten Key Values the Greens articulate is 'Decentralization'. They really need to apply this to their own organizing model".

The Libertarian Party wants a decentralized government as well. The rubber galoshes still fit.

No, the winner of the most insane comment ever made on the Internet goes to someone other than Haim. A woman left this comment in response to Haim -

"I’m sorry, but we hear the same 'don’t split the vote' every four years. My vote, is my vote. I will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils. The Democratic Party has moved so far to the right that I no longer recognize them as being 'democratic' in any respect and they have therefore, lost my respect! The Dem Primaries were a SHAM! Am I angry? YES, but I am voting logically for a candidate who stands for MY VALUES as a Progressive! If Bernie is is not the Nomimee,[sic] I’ll vote for Jill Stein. I’m sick of voting for a PARTY! "

I can sympathize with her on her frustration over hearing the the same 'don’t split the vote' every four years and, like her, my vote, is my vote and I will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils, but where she loses me, and wins the award is with her next sentence - "The Democratic Party has moved so far to the right that I no longer recognize them as being 'democratic' in any respect and they have therefore, lost my respect!"

Believing that the Democratic Party has moved to the right has to be the ultimate in insanity. If you believe the Democratic Party is Right Wing, then I have to wonder what the color of the sky is on your home planet. Does it match your green skin?

Naturally, I had to post a screen shot of the woman's comment below.

No comments: