Saturday, July 23, 2016

After P.O.T.U.S.H.C. is Impeached.


Now that both Trump and Clinton have told us their pick for V.P., I have to say that while neither the junior Democratic senator from Virginia, Tim Kaine nor Indiana governor Mike Pence would be my first choice as POTUS, from the little I know of the two, either would be better than the choices we now have.

I've said on on more than one occasion, that Clinton will beat Trump in November only because more Americans hate and despise Trump than hate and despise Clinton. I've modified an earlier belief that, after the election, and before her term is complete, Hillary Clinton will be impeached. I'm no longer confident in that prediction, but if she is removed from office, I suppose Tim Kaine might be an improvement over Hillary.

I do have reservations about Kaine, however. He has been described as a devout Catholic, but one that has ".........taken the position, which is quite common among Catholics," to not let his Catholic beliefs stand in the way of being a loyal Democrat.

Kaine claims to be anti-abortion, but, never the less supports Roe v. Wade and is basically, pro-choice.

Kaine said in 2012, "I have a moral position against the death penalty, but I took an oath of office to uphold it. Following an oath of office is also a moral obligation". As Virginia's governor, he oversaw 11 state executions.

Although he once felt otherwise, he now supports gay adoption and same sex marriage.

He favors allowing women to become Catholic priests.

Some Progressive Democrats maintain that "Kaine is not as liberal as some Democrats would prefer on a range of issues, most prominently trade and abortion rights". He may not be as liberal on abortion as some Democrats, but Planned Parenthood gives him a 100% rating on their scorecard. If a PP score of 100% isn't high enough for these pro-abortion savages, than Heaven help us.

A few paragraphs back, I wrote that Tim Kaine might be an improvement over Hillary. Now, that I've reread this blog post, I'm not at all sure of that.

No comments: