Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Election Predictions Redux

It's only July and already I see My 2016 Election Predictions unraveling.

In that post from April, I made a number of predictions concerning the November POTUS election. One being, Hillary Clinton would be elected POTUS due to the fact that she is hated slightly less than Donald Trump. I still believe that prediction will hold, but it is the companion prediction which looks as if it won't come true.

At the time of that post, I believed that not only will Hillary become the first female POTUS, but she will be the first POTUS to have matching impeachments with her former POTUS husband. I was certain that because Hillary would be elected on an anti-Trump referendum, there would be little sympathy for her when she finally faces an indictment and impeachment.

After reading that FBI Director James Comey would not recommend charges against Hillary Clinton over her use of private email servers while secretary of state, I realized that she is unlikely to be impeached if elected.

Be that as it may, I still maintain that choosing between Trump and Clinton is like choosing between mustard or mayo on your shit sandwich. Take your pick.

No comments: