Saturday, January 25, 2020

Hogtying The Pig


There's going to be a celebration this evening, and I suppose some might say this pig will be the guest of honor - or rather the main course. She will be the lechon baboy or roasted pig.

The following series of photos show the pig being "hog tied" as it were, along with photos taken immediately after the slaughter. Although I did not photograph the actual slaughter, there is blood in some of the photos and some may not wish to view them.

You have been warned.

As I write this, water is being boiled to scald the carcass to facilitate the removal of hair. No need to photograph that.

Later, when they are further along in the roasting of the baboy, I will take photos for another post. I'm sure there will be some who will object to what is being documented in this post. This is, however life as it exists in Philippines today.









No comments: