Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Invisible Man - 2018

After I had posted The Invisible Man on Tuesday, a friend asked if I had seen a a 2018 version of the story on Youtube.

No, I hadn't. I'd have to take a look.

The movie claims to be based on the H.G.Wells novel. Other than giving the invisible man the same name as in the book, there is little resemblance.

Well, the main character does find the secret to invisibility, and like the character in the novel, he goes insane. I might have liked this version a little more if they had given one of the characters the name Kemp.

This version isn't absolutely horrible - there are entertaining portions, but I didn't care for the three main actors.

To me, the most interesting part of the movie was immediately following Griffin's having taken the drugs ...... and just prior to his becoming invisible. For just a few moments, he reminded me of comedian Bill Burr.

No comments: