Wednesday, January 8, 2020

My New Kindle


On January 2 , in the 2nd blog post of 2020, I wrote of how another of my Kindles had gone haywire.

Two days later, I received an email from my good friend Dom, telling me how he had read my post and that he had a Kindle he wasn't using; if I'd give him my shipping address, he'd send the Kindle to me post haste. I live in an area that does not have proper street addresses - heck, we don't even live on a proper street - . I immediately replied, giving him the street address of my in-laws; their street, at least, has a name.

In a later email, Dom told me the Kindle had been shipped via LBC. He included the tracking number. He also said that the package contained additional surprises. More about those items in an upcoming blog post.

Tuesday afternoon I laid down for a nap. While I was sound asleep, my wife woke me telling me that my phone was ringing and Dom was calling. I'm afraid to say that I was absolutely fuzzy headed while speaking with Dom. He told me that LBC was having trouble locating me - Dom had more than one phone number for me and the one he supplied LBC was one I no longer used. He told me he'd contact LBC and give them my current number.

After ending the call, Dom sent me a text with the cell number for the LBC guy. Giving my wife my phone - and the tracking number - she called LBC with directions to our house in Magatas. As can be seen in the photos, the package arrived.

I was able to connect the Kindle to my wifi and I  registered it with Amazon. I connected the new Kindle to my PC long enough to transfer 3 books; a trilogy of novels from P.C. Wren, downloaded from fadedpage.com - Beau Geste, Beau Sabreur and Beau Ideal.

This Kindle is a newer model than the one I was using, which was a newer model that the Kindle damaged when I arrived in Philippines in 2014. It took a minute or two to adjust to the newer features but now I'm very excited and happy to have it.

Thanks Dom.




No comments: