Sunday, January 5, 2020

Los Mariachis

My son had been invited to a late afternoon/early evening birthday party yesterday in Brgy. Buntis, Bacong and after dropping him off, my wife and I decided to get a little bite to eat. Not wanting to travel all the way back to Sibulan, I thought we'd try Los Mariachis, located only 5 or 10 minutes away.

Neither of us had eaten at this restaurant before. A number of my American friends had recommended Los Mariachis - our group had even unsuccessfully attempted to have our Thursday morning brunch there but found that it wasn't open that early.

There weren't a lot of customers there when we arrived around 4:30 - there was room for me to park my car in front.

My wife and I split an order of enchiladas (with corn tortillas) with Mexican rice and refried beans. I had a mango milk shake; my wife had halo-halo. The refried beans were not like the ones I've eaten in the U.S.. These were made with white beans. Tasty but a little unusual. The enchiladas were excellent.

It wouldn't be fair of me to compare the mango milkshake I had at Los Mariachis with the mango shakes from other places in Dumaguete. This one had a generous dollop of mango ice cream. Most mango shakes do not include ice cream - the exception being Panda Ice Cream shop in Dumaguete. You get what you pay for. The mango milkshake was more expensive that any regular mango shake in town, but it was very delicious. Los Mariachis also sells a regular mango shake which is comparable in price to most places, but as I haven't tried it, I can't review it.

All in all, I'd recommend Los Mariachis to lovers of Mexican food in and around Dumaguete.






No comments: