Friday, January 3, 2020

Vern the Vlogger


Thursday is normally my day to meet a few of my fellow Americans for brunch. Today, we were scheduled to meet up at Thunder Road Bar and Grill. There was a bit of a mix up on my part (which I won't go into) and so I sent word that I couldn't attend our brunch this morning.

As I said, things were a little mixed up this morning and I ended up staying at home.

As it so happened, another fellow American dropped by for a visit. His name is Vern and he had, at one time been our neighbor when we were living in an apartment in Cangmating, Sibulan. He has since moved to Valencia.

Like so many foreigners living in Philippines, Vern has his own Youtube channel and has taken to vlogging. Sometimes, it feels like you can't swing a dead cat in Dumaguete without hitting a vlogger.

Vern had dropped by today with the intention of interviewing me for his vlog. He thought I might say something of interest for someone thinking of visiting Philippines. I managed to take a few photos while he was setting up in different locations. After our talk, he headed back to Valencia to edit his videos and post the final product to his Youtube channel. He'll be sending an email with a link to the video, and of course I'll share in on this blog.



No comments: